Parents and carers have a key role in the running of Preschool 345. We encourage those with children attending preschool to get involved in whatever way they are able. Whether you are only able to spare a little time or want to get involved more often there is something for everyone and it all helps.
Help with snacks
Snack duty is a lovely way to join in with Preschool 345 if you have an hour to spare now and then. This simple task involves washing, chopping and serving a healthy snack to the children. Our friendly staff will guide you through what to do and be on hand if you need any help. Most volunteers are keen to help out again after they try it once!
Having mums, dads, grandparents or carers helping at pre-school supports us in a number of ways:
- Seeing their own parents involved in the preschool shows children that their parents are interested and think education is important — and that they have a part to play in it. It makes your child feel special because you are there
- Children in preschool encounter a wide range of adults, each with their own different skills and backgrounds
- It helps us to maintain a high adult to child ratio (though parent helpers aren’t counted in the official ratio), enabling us to provide individual care and attention to each child’s needs and development
- Parents who help in the group get to know what goes on and are in the best position to pick up on preschool learning at home.
- Watching their own child busy among the preschool activities and getting on with other children can give parents new insight into children’s needs and abilities
To help with snacks, the sign-up sheet is on the information table in the entrance or speak to Angela or any member of staff.
Join the Preschool committee
Preschool 345 has charitable status. It is managed and run each day by our experienced staff team. A committee of volunteer parents/carers supports their work and makes key decisions. It is vital that a number of parents and carers volunteer for this role so we are always grateful to anyone who can consider getting involved. Find out more about what the committee do and how to get involved.
Help raise money
All our fund-raising efforts buy resources which enhance and extend the children’s experiences and learning.
- In addition to the main committee we also have a fund-raising committee who plan and organise events and activities to raise funds for preschool. Please speak to a member of staff or someone from the committee if you would like to help with this.
- We also welcome volunteers to help at our fund-raising events, such as the fairs. Look out for requests in the newsletters and notices in preschool.
- Support us by doing your online shopping via The Giving Machine. Amazon, John Lewis, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Next and 300+ more online retailers to choose from.
Share your expertise
Would you like to come into preschool and talk to the children about your job or hobby?
In the past, we have had parents/carers join a session to tell the children about being a nurse and a police officer. Another parent came and baked with some children.
We are always keen for your involvement, the children love to meet visitors and it contributes to their understanding of the world.
If you think you might be interested, please talk to Tina.